Connections between religion and society in Ukraine worked really good during the times of Cossacks. Russian Empire and then the USSR did their best to tear those connections up. They’ve failed and now Euromaidan shows first sign’s of ancient church’s functions return, and the society’s acceptance of it. Most Ukrainian churches have clearly supported Maidan, and its quest for justice and the idea of non-violent protest to bring changes into society.
1.Hand with a cross on the frontier between barricade defenders and riot police. This is the most famous photo that has become a symbol of resistance Euromaidan’s resistance and it’s support by traditional religious institutions.
The pictures are taken by different authors, named in the Ukrainian version of this post.
2. Priest in front of barricades. Photo by Sergiy Ponomarev for The New York Times
3. Pastor Ralf Haska from the Lutheran Church of St.Katherine is trying to stop the fight with police.
4. People hiding from violent police attack in Mykhailivsky Monastery
5. The morning at Mykhailivsky Monastery that that many defined as “mystic” — the priest quietly conducts an Orthodox morning service while the protesters recover after dreadful night
6. His eminence Vladyka Pavel, controversial hierarch of Moscow Orthodox church who supports the governmental violence in the morning and prays for the beaten ones in the evening of same day. His eminence is known in Kyiv for his fleet of luxurious cars and is considered by many to be the dark lord of siths.
7. A priests stands on his knees to pray police not to beat people.
8. A priest with a hammer over stone-mental corpse: it’s a symbolic revenge of Christian egregor to V.Lenin-in-the-pyramid and to Soviets-in-the-heads. The priest’s instrument, the hammer, is also very symbolic: it’s symbol both of proletarians and the freemasons, who helped bring Lenin to the pedestal and later were annihilated with the hands of proletarians, by whose name and hands the Voltair’s call to rid ourselves from the beast was implemented in USSR.
9.Cross always symbolizes Christ. Even if it’s not clad in gold or decorated with pearls but made up of just two sticks.
10. Ukrainian-Orthodox-Shvaivit symbol at the barricade near Orthodox priest.
11. Interdenominational prayer tent put at Maidan by Evangelic Christians. Here one can warm up spiritually and physically.
12. “Absolutely accidentally”, although from the Karma-sutras we know that nothing happens accidentally, the first victory of the revolution mysteriously coincided with the event noticed and understood by very few people. In the process of bloody tyrant V.Lenin monument’s demolition at Besarabska square one of the most ancient and powerful religious symbols of humanity, the Sivalingam, mystically appeared.
12. Pseudoreligious cult of communist leader magically transformed into Lingam.
Hail God, the One who destroys fake gods and mind’s idols.
Om Nama Shivaya!
This has become the weirdest mystery of Revolution: Why did a true Shivalingam appear at the place of a communist pseudo-lingam? Whose who think that this question is as Ukrainians do say “sucked from the finger” or “it’s just a coincidence”, should answer first to another mystery: why the State Emblem of Ukraine is Trishula, trident, the main attribute of Lord Shiva, the Mahadeva of all the yogis, and why does the State Flag of Ukraine bear the same colors as a flag of one of Tibetan Buddhist schools.
Some people want to put here a new monument. This position comes from ignorance. Why putting anything instead of the symbol of the God manifested as the infinite pillar of fire going through all the Universes?
Om! Tryambakam yajamahe
God’s with us!
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + E or Alt to inform us.